Joined Lowetide this morning on TSN 1260 to talk all things Oilers. Audio link below (starts about five minutes in):
- We discussed a piece I wrote last week on Brandon Davidson and his impact on the team’s possession numbers. Full article is at The Copper & Blue. This is a follow-up to a post where I talked about a stretch of 25 games where the club was above 50% Corsi For. And in case you missed it, I dug into which forwards might have been dragging down the team.
- If you’re interested in the value of draft picks, definitely check out the work over at Blue Bullet Report.
- For those interested in prospects and the draft class of 2016, highly recommend Brock Otten’s work at OHL prospects. I’m terrible with this kind of stuff, so I’m glad there are people that spend a lot of time assessing and evaluating picks.
- Couple articles worth checking out that cover defensive prospects and when they hit their prime.
- How to Build a Contender – Part 2: The Impact of Aging (August 2015) – Canucks Army
- How shot attempt differential changes with age (March 2014) – SB Nation
- NHL Player Physical Peak Estimation (April 2015) – Hockey Graphs