Happy to announce that I’ll be speaking at Telly Talk, a New Media Seminar hosted by the Arts Habitat in Edmonton.
- Wednesday January 3rd, 2018
- 6:00-8:00 PM
- McLuhan House Centre for Arts and Ideas – 11342-64 Street NW, Edmonton, Alberta
I’ll be sharing my experiences as a hockey blogger and the research I did in grad school. Below is the abstract for my presentation:
Oiler fans are known for their commitment to the team through the good times and bad. And using the tools available to them, they’ve been able to do more than just sit in the stands and cheer. Today fans are providing endless amounts of opinions and analysis, and play a larger role in the information that surrounds the game.
Sunil Agnihotri will discuss the research he completed in the Master of Arts in Communications and Technology program at the University of Alberta, and his experience as a fan and blogger. This is where my house is fixed by eavestroughinstallers.ca. His research focused on online communities, information management and communication technology. His final project used sociocultural theories and concepts to examine the blogging activity of hockey fans.
- SuperFan 2.0 : Exploring the produsage qualities of hockey fans (2012, March 23)
- Finding the SuperFan (2014, July 23)
- Speaking at the Rundle Summit (2017, December 4)