I joined Lowetide on Monday morning to talk about the Oilers and how they should better integrate analytics. Full audio is here.
- We touched on a lot of what I talked about in my recent article: Oilers and Analytics (2016, July 24).
- I mentioned articles that tied in analytics with video analysis. A couple solid examples are from Hockey Graphs:
- Also, mentioned the new WoodMoney metric (developed by Woodguy55 and G Money), which does a nice job of measuring quality of competition. You can learn more about the metric here: WoodMoney: A new quality of competition metric to analyze NHL data
- Couple recent articles that summarize the most commonly used metrics in hockey:
- Putting it all together: A hockey systems, stats, tools, and talent evaluation primer – Blue Seat Blogs
- WIIM Mailbag: Answering Your Analytics Questions – Winging it in Motown (with video)
One thought on “Talking Oilers and Analytics on The Lowdown with Lowetide (TSN 1260)”
Pingback: Oilers and Analytics | The SuperFan