Had a chance to discuss the Oilers defence with Lowetide this morning on TSN 1260. We talked about my recent article at the Copper and Blue where I used passing data to assess the Oilers defence. Below is a link to the audio.
- The passing data was collected by Ryan Stimson of In Lou We Trust. His full methodology and reasoning for collecting passing data is definitely worth a read. More can be found here.
- Spencer Mann took the data collected by Ryan and created some nice visualization charts that are available on his Tableau page.
- I really think Schultz can contribute for the Oilers, but it’d be at a reduced role. Here’s what I wrote about him over at The Copper and Blue.
- Also, I think Marincin is going to be the real deal in Toronto. Here’s what I wrote about his development.
- I honestly have high expectations for Andrej Sekera. Some great insight on him can be found at Jewels from the Crown and SB Nation.
.Many thanks to Al for having me on and the kind words. Always enjoy chatting with him.